Students in the online Master of Supply Chain Transportation & Logistics begin the degree program with a mandatory one-week residency on the UW campus in Seattle. During this intensive week you’ll complete the first course in the program, SCTL 501: Logistics & Analysis, while engaging with others in the program and getting familiar with UW resources.
The residency week is a valuable opportunity for new students to work together in person. You’ll begin developing personal relationships that can aid your online collaboration efforts throughout the program. It’s also a great time to meet our faculty and staff and advisory board members.
Activities during the week include:
- Active learning with your peers to build foundational knowledge and make connections
- Training on how to use the online learning environment
- Evening reception to network with the advisory board and current students
- Discussions with industry leaders on real-world problems in the field
- Dinner hosted by a faculty member
- Company or plant tours
The residency typically takes place the week before autumn quarter begins. Classes meet Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., and there are also homework assignments and evening events. Full participation is required.